Ingersoll Manufacturing and Development Company

The Ingersoll Manufacturing and Development Company, which purchased the 642 acre Mount Pleasant tract on March 28, 1934, retained the property until February 29, 1919.  At that time the firm sold 449 acres of Mount Pleasant to Thomas J. and Mable E. Jones (Surry County Deed Book 34:479-481; 36:578).  The use that the Ingersoll Manufacturing and Development Company made of Mount Pleasant is uncertain. Additional research could be expected to determine what became of the remaining 193 acres of Mount Pleasant.